There’s one thing that I know for certain…and that is that everyone loves a good dip. Don’t know what to bring to a holiday party coming up? Well this is your answer. Make this spinach and artichoke dip and I promise you the crowds will swarm. Whenever I’m short on time and just want to make something fast for a party, I turn to a dip. You can mix this dip up in less that 15 minutes and then throw it in the oven while you get ready for your party. It’s such an easy appetizer to make, whether you are a pro in the kitchen or brand new to cooking. I think everyone needs to have a good spinach and artichoke dip recipe and this is definitely it. It’s creamy, cheesy, and stuffed with yummy green spinach and salty artichokes. I like to chop my artichokes and use chopped frozen spinach. I find that chopping everything small makes it easier to dip into. If you use whole or halved artichokes, that’s all you’ll be able to fit on your cracker. If you chop everything small, then you get everything all in one bite. So chop everything small and thank me later.
I’ve made this dip dozens of times now and it’s something that everyone loves. So many people are going to friends-giving get togethers and have holiday parties coming up in the near future. Typically with friends-giving everyone is bringing a main or side dish. Stand out from the crowd and bring this dip as an appetizer. I promise your friends will thank you when they’re standing around hungry waiting for dinner time.
CHEESY SPINACH + ARTICHOKE DIP
Prep time: 12 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 42 minutes
- 12 oz. bag frozen chopped spinach
- 14 oz. can artichoke hearts, quartered
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup mozzarella + 1/2 cup for topping
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 sweet onion, small dice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat a skillet to medium and add onion and olive oil. Sauté for about 2-3 minutes till onions are translucent. Add in garlic and cook for an additional minute. Turn off heat and set aside. Drain on paper towels.
- Microwave the spinach till warm (about 1 minute on high). Transfer to paper towels or cheese cloth and squeeze every bit of liquid out. The spinach should be very dry afterword.
- Pour the artichoke hearts in a strainer to remove the liquid and dry on paper towels. Transfer to a cutting board and give them a rough chop to create smaller bits.
- In a large bowl combine spinach, artichoke hearts, sautéed onions and garlic, parmesan cheese, 1 cup mozzarella, mayonnaise, cream cheese, salt and pepper. Mix together till all the ingredients are combined.
- Transfer mixture to a baking dish (9×6).
- Place in the oven and cook for 30 minutes or until warmed all the way through and bubbling throughout.
Serve warm with crackers or crostinis.