Pimento cheese was never something I grew up eating. If I’m being honest, I thought it was a dip only eaten by people age 60 and older. I had never tried it as a kid and I so wish I had. I moved to Oxford, Mississippi when I was 18 to study at Ole Miss. This is when pimento cheese was brought into my life. I feel like moving to the south for that part of my life opened my eyes to food I wouldn’t normally be introduced to. For that, I’m so grateful!
I personally like my pimento cheese a little more blended up and less chunky. If you prefer a more chunky version, stir the ingredients together instead of using the food processor (like me). By gently stirring, the pimento cheese with remain shape and create a chunkier bite.
Pimento cheese now has a piece of my heart.. all thanks to a little town called Oxford. Thank God for the south and all their southern traditional food!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 5 minutes
Yields: About 1.5 cups
- 1 lb. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1/4 cup mayonaise (Hellmann’s)
- 1/4 tsp celery salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1-4 oz. jar diced pimento peppers, drained
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse till combined. Transfer to a bowl and cover. Chill in the fridge for 30 min. Serve with crackers.