I personally love anything that thyme has been added to. It’s probably my favorite herb. I recently had a cocktail at a restaurant that infused thyme into their sweeter of the drink. So I guess this is my at home version! I named this cocktail “berry” thyme sparkling cocktail.. because you can use a variation berries and it seems to me that whatever you use, the drink is delicious! I used raspberry for one and blackberry for the second. Both of them each have a different flavor profile but work wonderfully with the thyme and hints of lemon and sparkling rosé. Plus the colors are just so vibrant an gorgeous!
CLICK TO PURCHASE:
BERRY + THYME SPARKLING COCKTAIL
Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Yields: 1 drink
INGREDIENTS for thyme simple syrup:
- 1 large bunch fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- Place all the ingredients in a small pot and bring to a boil.Once boiling turn off heat and let sit 15-20 minutes. This will allow the thyme flavors develop.
- **note: this is enough simple syrup for 4 drinks**
INGREDIENTS for drink:
- 6 rasberries or blackberries
- 3/4 oz. thyme syrup (recipe above)
- 3/4 oz. fresh lemon juice
- 1.5oz. vodka
- sparkling rosé
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle 4 raspberries or blackberries (whichever fruit you prefer). Add to that: the lemon juice, vodka and thyme syrup. Add ice and shake vigorously for 15-20 seconds.
- Strain into coup glass and top off with sparkling rosé. Add just a little or fill the entire glass up. Whatever you prefer.
- Garnish with thyme sprig and fresh berries.