I feel like I’ve been making these Oreo cheesecake cupcakes for years now. My husband absolutely adores them and would request them quite often. Which didn’t bother me much since these cupcakes only take a handful of ingredients and are quick + easy to make. Seriously, they are so simple and so delicious it would be crazy not to try your hand at it. They’ll also super kid friendly and a perfect personal sized dessert. And not to mention, they are too cute!
So the other day as I set out to make these, I looked in the pantry to find that someone had gotten into the Oreos. Maybe it was my 3 year old son? Or maybe it was my husband? We’ll never know since no one wants to fess up. Anyways, I didn’t let that phase me. I saw that I had a can of dolce de leche just begging to be used. I’ve made a dolce de leche cheesecake before so I knew these would be a home-run. No doubt about it.. they will be loved.
So I did half the cupcakes Oreo and half the cupcakes dolce de leche. You can of course do all the cupcakes one flavor if you prefer. Whatever you’re into…They are both wonderful. I promise, once you make them they will be gone before you know it!
CHEESECAKE CUPCAKES (2 WAYS) OREO & DOLCE DE LECHE
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25-30minutes
Total time: 1 hour and 40 minutes
Yields: 12 cupcakes
- 16 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, room temperature
For oreo cheesecakes:
- 12 oreos, (smash 6 into crumbles)
For dolce de leche cheesecakes:
- 13.4 oz. can dolce de leghe (la lechera)
- Pre-heat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a stand mixer, combine the cream cheese and powdered sugar on low speed. Once combined, add in salt, vanilla extract and eggs. Turn the speed up and beat the mixture for about 30 seconds until it’s smooth and creamy in texture.
- Split the cheesecake mixture into two two equal parts and place in separate bowls.
- In one bowl, add in the 6 crumbled oreos and mix to combine. Place an oreo at the bottom of the cupcake sleeve and fill the rest of the cup 3/4 of the way with the cheesecake mixture.
- In the other bowl, add 1/2 of the can of dolce de leche. Stir to combine but do not over mix. Fill each cupcake sleeve with 3/4 of the batter.
- Place cupcakes into the oven for about 25-30 minutes (or until the cheesecakes are set. They should be firm but still jiggly.).
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the fridge for an hour or overnight.
- Top the dolce de leche cupcakes with a drizzle of the extra dolce de leche from the can when ready to eat.