Talk about an easy dinner! I’m serious when I say this is a no fuss meal that you won’t regret. I think grilled vegetables and chicken is so simple and easy it’s almost cheating. Simply put the chicken and diced veggies in sealable bags…mix the marinade…and pour it in. Let it sit 6 hours or leave it in the fridge overnight. To the grill it all… it only takes about 15 minutes. See what I mean? EASY.
You don’t have to use chicken thighs — you could also use chicken breast, flank steak, or even a pork tenderloin. This marinade is actually very versatile and a red meat or pork takes on the flavors so well. Just don’t forget to let it marinate at least 6 hours so that the marinade has time to sink into the meat and vegetables.
I make this a few times a month for dinner since I’m a busy mom that sometimes doesn’t have the time to spend hours over the stove. It’s a great recipe that my whole family will love/ and is also fairly healthy as well! I’ll serve it next to rice, cuoscous, roasted potatoes, fresh naan bread or just on its own.
NOTE: you may also put the vegetables on skewers to insure they don’t fall through the grates. If you chopped your veggies too small, this is a great problem solver.
Pair this with:
GRILLED MARINATED CHICKEN THIGHS & VEGETABLES
Prep time: 6 hours – overnight
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 6 hours 15 minutes
- 4-6 chicken thighs, bone-in/skin-on
- 1 red bell pepper, stemmed and cut into fourths
- 1 green bell pepper, stemmed and cut into fourths
- 1 red onion, cut into fourths
- 1 green zucchini, cut into fourths
- 2 portobello mushrooms
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- Combine all the marinade ingredients and stir to combine.
- In one bag, pour half the marinade in with the chicken thighs. In another bag, pour the rest of the marinade in with the vegetables.
- Marinate in a sealed bag in the fridge for 6 hours or up to overnight.
- Take the bags out of the fridge 1 hour before grilling so that they come to room temperature.
- Preheat the grill to medium high heat.
- Grill the chicken about 5-7 minutes a side depending on the size. Brush it with the marinade (from the vegetable bag) twice while it cooks. Use a thermometer to gage internal temperature if unsure. It will register 165 degrees when done.
- Grill the vegetables about 5-8 minutes, or until tender. Also coat with one layer of the marinade throughout cooking.