I noticed y’all have really been loving all my easy weeknight dinner recipes I’ve been posting. Which makes me so happy! Knowing that, I’m going to try and continue to bring more easy meal inspiration to the blog. I have a long list of meals that I make time and time again. Why? Because these meals are typically packed with flavor, easy and quick to make, and pleases the whole family. Those are three things I look for most when creating a week night dinner. This salmon is one of many on my list of weeknight meals. It’s salty and savory, yet simplistic and straight forward. I serve mine with the Near East Garlic & Herb Rice. It’s a rice mix that is light with hints of garlic throughout. It pairs perfectly with this salmon. You can also use brown rice for a healthier side item.
Once I have my rice cooking I start to sweat down some onions, mushroom and garlic in a shallow bath of butter and olive oil. Over a few minutes time, they will shrink down in size. At that point I add in the remaining ingredients of worcestershire, asparagus, heavy cream, lemon juice and Parmesan cheese. Hit it with a little salt and pepper then let it come to a boil… and ta-da it’s done. While the sauce cooks, I start my salmon by heating a cast iron skillet. If you don’t own a cast iron skillet, you need to get one. Although it’s not necessary cookware in this recipe, it will give your salmon a nice seer. If your salmon is thin like mine was, it will cook within a matter of minutes. Within 25 minutes, dinner is served.
This meal is so versatile. It’s fancy enough to serve to guests, yet easy enough to whip up on a Wednesday night for the family. Add a crusty baguette and salty butter on the side to make it more filling. And maybe a fresh salad too? Your guest will love it, and so will your husband/or wife and kids. It’s been in my weeknight rotation for a long time now and we can’t get enough of it! So yummy.
Try this with:
PRODUCTS I LOVE:
SALMON IN A MUSHROOM ASPARAGUS CREAM SAUCE
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
- 3 pieces Atlantic salmon
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- 8 oz. baby Bella mushrooms, small dice and stem removed
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, small dice
- 4 cloves garlic, small dice
- 2 tbsp butter, salted
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 bunch asparagus, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 tsp worcestershire
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper, to taste
+ fresh basil to garnish
- Put the butter, olive oil, mushrooms, onion and garlic in a large pan. Turn to medium heat and let it sweat down for about 5 minutes. The onions will be translucent and mushrooms have shrunk at this point.
- Add in asparagus, worcestershire, heavy cream, lemon juice and Parmesan cheese. Bring to a soft boil and allow asparagus to become tender. Turn off heat and add in a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet to medium high heat. Sprinkle each piece of salmon with salt and pepper. Pour in enough olive oil to lightly coat the bottom of the pan, about 1-2 tbsp. Place the salmon in the hot pan and cook for about 2-3 minutes a side. More or less depending on how thick your salmon filet is.
- Serve hot with fresh basil and rice.