Chocolate. Chip. Cookies. The only kind of cookie I need for the rest of my life. It’s a total classic, but never gets old. Who could get bored with chocolate chip cookies, right? Certainly not me, or my toddler son. Chocolate chip are his favorite. I guess he got his sweet tooth from his mama!
I’ve always been searching for the perfect chewy, yet fluffy, chocolate chip cookie. Well, this is it. It’s also packed full of Hershey milk chocolate bars. With every bite, you get a morsel of decadent, gooey milk chocolate. Did I mention that they are best right out of the oven? Well, you probably knew that already. I don’t think I’ve ever let a batch of cookies cool without having a bite of one…or two. It’s hard to resist hot cookies right out of the oven! The scent alone will make my mouth water.
If you love cookies like I do, you’ll eat these hot out of the oven with a cold glass of milk on the side. Or with a bowl of vanilla ice cream… Häagen- Dazs vanilla… if you want to get specific. It’s the best there is… next to Blue Bell of course. This is by far the best and only way to enjoy cookies!
PRODUCTS I LOVE:
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Serves: 12 large cookies, 16-20 small cookies
- 1.5 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2. Tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup salted butter (1 stick), room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cup Hershey milk chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup Hershey semi sweet chocolate chunks
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer: combine brown sugar, granulated sugar, vanilla extract, butter, and egg. Use the paddle attachment to combine. Once mixed, turn mixer off. Do not over-mix.
- Next, turn the mixer back to low speed and slowly add in the flour mixture (dry ingredients) until just incorporated. Do not over- mix. Turn mixer off.
- Gently spoon in chocolate chunks until evenly distributed.
- Remove from the bowl and use your hands to form the dough into a ball.
- If your dough is warm at this point then place it in the fridge for 15 minutes, covered. If not, continue on.
- Scoop 1 inch balls of dough onto the lined baking sheet. Each dough ball should be about 1.5-2 inches apart. Repeat till all the dough is used.
- Place in the oven and cook for 8-12 minutes (depending on the size of cookie).
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Enjoy warm with a cold glass of milk!