This is such a good heathy appetizer or side dish. Oven roasted Brussels with a creamy truffle aioli dipping sauce. Yes I said truffle aioli… but don’t worry you won’t have to break the bank to make it. Truffle oil can be found in pretty much every grocery store and usually is priced at about $12-$15.
Sometimes I go through these phases where I could eat a plate of roasted veggies as a meal. I’d roast a whole sheet of Brussels, carrots, squash, potatoes, broccoli and cauliflower. Nothing fancy. Just plain salt, pepper and olive oil. Roasting vegetables is my favorite way to eat them since they really are so good and healthy that way. Anyone else relate?
Tip: when cutting your brussels… I recommend to do it a certain way. Cut the bottom off and peel the top layer away… but keep any other layers that fall off. These little “chips” are the best part. They get super crunchy and crisp in the oven. They’re my favorite part!
ROASTED BRUSSELS WITH A TRUFFLE AIOLI
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Serves: About 50 brussels sprouts
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, bottoms removed and top layer removed
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp truffle oil
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Pinch of black pepper
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place the Brussels on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss together. Spread the Brussels out on the baking sheet so that they are slightly separated.
- Place in the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until the Brussels are slightly browned and tender.
- Remove from the oven and serve hot with truffle aioli.
- Whisk all ingredients together.