I don’t think mashed potatoes need much to make them amazing. Even with a little butter and salt their great. So I made a recipe that only needs 5 ingredients. Yes, only 5. That also includes salt and pepper. So really, it’s only 3 ingredients. Don’t you love a simple recipe? I know I do.
Thanksgiving is right around the corner and the last thing you want is a million recipes that require a million ingredients. Make these mash potatoes and save yourself some time and money. Truly, they are the best ever. The Boursin cheese adds so many different spices and flavors. It’s like 5 ingredients in one. How good is that?
Have a bigger crowd than 8 for thanksgiving? Double the recipe and you’re good to go!
5 INGREDIENT BOURSIN MASHED POTATOES
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
- 4 lbs Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1 inch chunks
- 2 sticks butter, salted and room temperature
- 5.2 oz box Boursin cheese (garlic and fine herbs) room temperature
- 4 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tsp kosher salt, more or less to taste
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add in potatoes and cook until tender and soft, about 10-12 minutes.
- Drain and place the potatoes back into the pot on low heat. Mash thoroughly with a potato masher.
- Add in butter, Boursin, cream, salt and pepper. Mix together.
- Serve while hot.