Pie & cookies…. two of my favorite things. Put them together and you’ve got the best dessert on the thanksgiving table. When I was a kid, my dad sometimes made a cookie pie for thanksgiving. This pie reminds me of home. It reminds me of being a kid and eating as much as I could fit in my stomach. It was super chocolatey and gooey and just downright amazing.
You don’t need a fancy mixer or expensive baking tools to make this. A simple whisk and a bowl will do. What I love about this is how little effort you have to put into it. You can pretty much prep it all in under 10 minutes and have it ready to go into the oven. I know this isn’t your typical festive thanksgiving pie… but I promise you it’s better. If you love chocolate and cookies… chances are this is the pie for you.
I used a homemade pie crust but feel free to use store-bought or frozen. (Linked below) Whatever is easiest for you, do that! Thanksgiving can be stressful and you don’t need to make everything from scratch. Store-bought dough is great and no one will even know the difference!
CHOCOLATE CHIP WALNUT COOKIE PIE
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Total time: 55 minutes
Serves: 1 pie
- Pie dough, store-bought or homemade (this is the recipe I used: PIE CRUST)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
+ vanilla ice cream, whipped cream and hot fudge for toppings
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Use a large bowl to combine butter and sugars. Whisk together thoroughly.
- Add in eggs and vanilla. Whisk till eggs are fully incorporated.
- Add in flour next. Whisk.
- Finally, spoon in the chocolate chips and walnuts and mix together till they are evenly distributed throughout the batter.
- Pour the cookie mixture into an unbaked pie shell.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 30 minutes before eating. Serve with ice cream, whipped cream and chocolate sauce.