I know this is a super crazy thing to say… but after three thanksgiving dinners this past month… I’m over it. lol oops! I think I just got burned out and overdid it earlier this month. Lately I’ve been feeling pretty creatively blocked. Every once in a while I get into a rut and feel uninspired. I tried to put up some new thanksgiving content for you guys this past week, but never got to it. Sorry!! But I do have plenty of older thanksgiving recipes that are super yummy. Be sure to check out my recipe roundup in my last post where I’ve linked everything you’ll need for this special meal on Thursday. For right now, let’s talk about these dates.
This recipe is so easy anyone can do it. It’s the perfect holiday app that is cute and bite-sized. Plus you only need three ingredients. Yes, just three!
Even though the recipe calls for goat cheese, you may also use blue cheese or cream cheese in place. Either one will do! Whatever you prefer, do that.
BACON WRAPPED GOAT CHEESE STUFFED DATES
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
Serves: 20 dates
- 12 oz. Medjool dates
- 8 oz. garlic and herb goat cheese, room temperature
- 1 lb. hickory smoked bacon
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut each slice of bacon in half so that each piece is the same length.
- Use a knife to make a small cut in each date and remove the seed.
- Mix the goat cheese in a small bowl. Use a small spoon or a piping bag to stuff each date with goat cheese. Don’t be afraid to fill it very full.
- Once stuffed, wrap each date with half a slice of bacon. Use a toothpick to secure it in place.
- Place in the oven and cook for 10 minutes. Flip over and place back in the oven for 10 more minutes. Flip once more and cook an additional 10 minutes. Once the bacon is cooked and crispy, remove from the oven.
- Allow to cool before eaten.