This is the perfect “I don’t know what to cook for dinner meal”. It comes together in less than 30 minutes and is such a versatile and buildable dish. I recommend to use whatever vegetables you have on hand. No need to go out and get more. I used fresh spinach, shelled edamame peas, diced carrots, avocado and scallions. Don’t feel restricted to using just those items. Brand out. Some great alternatives are:
- Steamed broccoli and snap peas
- Colorful bell peppers
- Soft boiled eggs cut in half (love to add this!)
- Diced mango or pineapple
- Fresh basil
- Sautéed bok choy or asparagus
The combinations are endless. Get creative and use your favorites to complete the bowl! I love to use sushi rice or jasmine rice but also feel free to use brown rice to make things a touch healthier. Or you could also use fried rice to make it a little extra sinful! I’ll link one of my fried rice recipes below.
I like to pan sear my salmon but feel free to roast it if you like. You can’t go wrong with this bowl. It’s pretty much a no fail recipe that is good every time!
ASIAN SALMON BOWL
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 1 inch fresh ginger, grated
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 tsp Thai chili paste
- 1 tsp white or black toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 pieces Atlantic salmon without skin
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Kosher salt
- Handful of fresh spinach
- 1 large carrot, cut julienned
- 1 cup edamame peas
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 cups sushi rice, cooked
- Place all ingredients in a small pan and bring heat up to medium. Allow to softly boil and then turn down to low. Allow to cook for 1-2 minutes to thicken slightly. Turn heat off and set aside.
- Heat a nonstick pan to medium heat. Add in coconut oil and allow to melt. Season both sides of salmon with salt. Add to the hot pan and cook about 3-4 minutes a side or until cooked to your liking.
- Serve salmon over sushi rice with sauce, spinach, carrots, avocado, edamame and scallions.