I know I’ve been absent and not posting for quite some time… but I promise there’s a good reason for that I will share with time. For right now, I slowly want to jump back into things. Slowly being the chosen word because I’m still unsure if I can give it 100%. I know this is probably confusing the hell out of you, but bear with me here. Today, I made one of my husbands favorite breakfast/lunch options. An everything bagel with bacon, egg, cheddar, spinach and onion. Sure, sure… this isn’t exactly the most exciting recipe but it’s something I’ve been making a lot lately so I decided to share. So here it is… a simple but delicious brunch ready in under 15 minutes. This sandwich is also sure to be husband/boyfriend/man improved… I promise!
EVERYTHING BAGEL WITH BACON, EGG AND CHEDDAR
Prep time: 2 minutes
Cook time: 13 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
- 4 strips thick cut bacon
- 2 everything bagels
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp whole milk
- 1 tbsp butter, salted
- Salt and pepper
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 handfuls spinach
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- In order to do this quickly, you’ll want to cook everything at the same time. First, toast the bagel to your liking. Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise on the inside of each bagel
- Cook your bacon in a pan till crispy. Drain on paper towels.
- Whisk together eggs and milk. Heat a large nonstick pan to low heat. You’re going to cook it much like an omelet so a big pan is a must in order to creat a thin egg. Place the butter in the heated pan and allow to melt. Once melted, add the eggs and season with salt and pepper. They will start to cook quickly. Once eggs start to coagulate after 20ish seconds, gently use a rubber spatula to pull the outer edges inward. This will allow the uncooked eggs to spread to the outside and begin to create a thin circle. Continue to pull in the edges until the egg is almost cooked through. Place the cheddar cheese slices in a line down the center. Fold over the omelet on either side so that the cheese is covered by the egg. Much like a blanket covering the cheese. Cover the pan with a lid and turn heat off. Allow the cheese to melt. This should take about 3-5 minutes. Remove the lid and cut the inlet in half.
- Place a handful of spinach on the bottom half of the bagel. Then place the omelet, bacon and onion. Cover with the top of the bagel and enjoy while warm.