Sometimes simple recipes are the best recipes. This is something I’m living by recently. I love a meal that takes minimal effort, a handful of fresh ingredients and ultimately satisfies you through the afternoon. It’s so simple in fact that I’m not sure you can even call this a recipe? I’m going to write it out anyways because it’s worth a try. Wraps and salads are my go to during lunch. I’m a big believer in throwing whatever fresh ingredients I have in the fridge…into a bowl to make a salad. Really, you can’t go wrong with fresh veggies, fruit and a little protein. Oh, and a great dressing like this walnut one.
This wrap is really versatile. You can use rotisserie chicken instead of blackened. Or grilled if that’s something you like better! Hell, throw in some crispy bacon or turkey breast. Why not, right?! It can go in so many directions.
The number one thing you do need in this recipe is my walnut dressing. I’ll link it below.
BLACKENED CHICKEN WRAP WITH CREAMY WALNUT DRESSING
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Serves: 3 – 4 wraps
- WALNUT DRESSING
- Olive oil
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cut in half by width
- Blackened seasoning (like Emeril’s or homemade)
- 1 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 beef steak tomato, sliced
- Bibb lettuce
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Spinach & herb wraps (or whatever type you prefer)
- Prepare walnut dressing according to directions. Linked above.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet or large pan to medium heat. Drizzle in enough olive oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Allow to heat up. Season both sides of the chicken with blackening seasoning. Place the seasoned chicken in the hot skillet and cook about 3-4 minutes a side, or until cooked through. Remove from the pan and allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Heat up a spinach and herb wrap (for about 20 seconds) so that it is more pliable. Stack lettuce, walnut dressing, chicken slices, cucumber, tomato and avocado in the middle of the wrap. Gently tuck the bottom in and roll together.
- Repeat these steps for the remaining wraps. Enjoy!