There’s no better meal to say “goodbye” to summer with than this fresh spaghetti. It’s so easy and so simple. It takes no time at all to whip up.
Marinated tomatoes are pretty much Gods gift to earth. They are simply delicious on pretty much everything. I love to make them and pile them on top of a crostini with ricotta cheese. Omg. Heavenly. You can also pour some on top of a salad since the marinade doubles as a wonderful salad dressing. Spoon some on top of grilled chicken, fish or steak. Although my favorite way to eat them is by tossing them with some pasta… like I did for this recipe!
I served mine with some boneless skinless chicken breast because my husband must have protein for dinner… but you can certainly do without and have a fully vegetarian meal instead. The chicken is really simple I can hardly call it a recipe… I just season it with lemon pepper and oregano and cook it in a cast iron skillet with some olive oil. Very easy and quick.
CREAMY ROASTED TOMATO BASIL PAPPARDELLE WITH CRISPY PARMESAN CHICKEN
ROASTED CHERRY TOMATO SPAGHETTI WITH WHITE WINE BUTTER SAUCE
MARINATED TOMATO PASTA WITH LEMON CHICKEN, ARUGULA AND MOZZARELLA
Prep time: 1-4 hours (to marinate tomatoes)
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 20 minutes
For marinated tomatoes:
- 2.5 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 large lemon, zest and juice
- 1 large clove garlic, grated
- 1/2 cup good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 15-20 fresh basil leaves, chiffonade
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1 large handful arugula
- 1 ball fresh mozzarella, cubed
- Parmesan, for garnish
- 2 small boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in half by width
- Lemon pepper seasoning, store-bought
- Dried oregano
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and allow to sit in room temp (covered) for at least an hour or up to four hours.
- Liberally season both sides of each piece of chicken with lemon pepper and oregano. Heat a large cast iron skillet to medium heat and add in olive oil. Once heated, add in chicken and cook for about 3-4 minutes a side until cooked through. Remove from the skillet and allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Cook pasta in salted water until al dente. Use tongs to transfer the pasta straight from the water into the bowl with the marinated tomatoes. Toss together until all the pasta is coated and tomatoes are dispersed. Add in arugula and mozzarella. Toss again.
- Serve warm with sliced lemon chicken on top. You can also add more basil and Parmesan cheese as well.