I truly adore salmon patties. I could eat them alone, wrapped in lettuce or sandwiched on a bun. They are good whatever way you want to eat them. They are nutritious and flavorful and pretty healthy for the most part. Maybe just skip on the brioche bun if you’re trying to cut calories. Other than that, they are so light and fresh and perfect for lunch or dinner.
Salmon patties are so incredibly easy and quick to make. The only thing that is slightly time consuming is cutting the salmon. You want to get it to a ground chicken kind of texture. So you can either use a knife or a food processor. The food processor is a bit quicker, but a knife will do just fine as well.
I think the best part about these patties is that they are super freezer friendly. You can place the corned patties on a baking sheet (raw) then freeze until firm. Then wrap them in plastic wrap and into a freezer friendly plastic resealable bag. They’ll stay good for about 3 months. Just thaw them in the fridge prior to cooking…. I just bought about 5 pounds of salmon and decided to make a bunch of patties for the freezer. They’ll be great for the nights I don’t feel like cooking! Or for an easy lunch.
GOLDEN RAISIN AND FETA SALMON BURGERS WITH LEMON DILL AIOLI
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 8 minutes
Total time: 23 minutes
Serves: 4 patties
- 1 lb. Atlantic salmon, skin removed
- 1/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt
For aioli: mix together all ingredients
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, roughly chopped
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Boston lettuce
- Red onion
- Brioche buns
- Place the salmon in a food processor and pulse a few times till the texture is like ground chicken. You may also use a knife to finely dice until the right texture is reached.
- Place salmon in a bowl, along with the rest of the ingredients. Mix thoroughly. Separate the salmon into four equal amounts and form the patties. Be sure to press together so that each patty is tight and secure.
- Place about 2 tbsp olive oil in a cast iron skillet and turn to medium heat. Once heated, place the patties in the skillet and cook for about 4 minutes a side. Be careful when flipping the patties since they are quite fragile. Remove from the skillet and lightly season with salt.
- Assemble the burgers with toppings of your choosing, plus the lemon dill aioli, and enjoy!