So as most of you know by following along with my blog.. we welcomed our second son into the world back in August. It’s been an absolute dream having him here with us finally. We’ve had few visitors due to covid but my dad did manage to make a trip out to see us. While he was here he gave me the steps to make his guacamole fundido… which is essentially baked guacamole with chorizo and cheese. Absolutely delicious so I decided I had to share with you guys! It’s the best appetizer before a night of fajitas or enchiladas.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Serves: 1 small skillet
- 2 links chorizo sausage
- 2 cups muenster cheese, shredded
- Queso fresco
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Make guacamole (linked recipe above). Remove casings from chorizo and sauté on medium heat in a pan until cooked through and crisp on edges. Drain on paper towels if super oily. Set aside.
- Transfer guacamole to a personal sized round cast iron skillet (can also use small baking dish). Spoon on chorizo on top. Then sprinkle cheese on top of that.
- Place in the oven for 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted and slightly bubbling.
- Remove from oven and top with crumbled queso fresco. Serve immediately with chips.