For as long as I can remember, this has always been my favorite pie to make and eat during the holidays. I’m a chocolate lover through and through, and this pie has such a luscious deep chocolate flavor. It’s simple to make and only takes a handful of ingredients. It’s pretty much fool proof, trust me. You must must must serve with homemade whip cream. The light fluffy cream is so necessary to offset that dense chocolate pie. It’s the perfect combo.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes – 1 hour
Total time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Serves: 1 pie
- 1 stick salted butter
- 4 oz. unsweetened baking chocolate (1 bar)
- 4 eggs
- 3 tbsp light corn syrup
- 1.5 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pie shell/crust
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the butter and chocolate in a pot on the lowest heat setting. Slowly allow to melt while whisking occasionally. Once melted, remove from burner and allow to cool slightly.
- Add eggs to a large bowl and whisk vigorously for about 2 minutes.
- Add the corn syrup, sugar, flour, salt and vanilla to the eggs and whisk to combine fully.
- Once combined, add in the melted chocolate. Whisk until just combined.
- Pour the pie filling into a raw store bought or homemade pie shell.
- Place pie into the oven on the middle rack. Cook for about 45 minutes to an hour.
- Note: The pie should be set on the edges and slightly giggly in the center when done. I’ve cooked this pie in a few different ovens and the cook time always differs. Sometimes it’s 45 min and sometimes it’s 55 min. So keep an eye on the pie towards the end of cooking time.
- Allow pie to cool for an hour before eating. Serve with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.