I’m always brainstorming romantic meals to make for my husband. Maybe it’s because our date nights are far and few between? Or maybe it’s because I just enjoy a fancy meal at home a little bit more than going out sometimes? Or maybe both? We have a 3 year old son who keeps our hands pretty full most of the week. He’s a little busy boy and I swear he never stops going. His energy level is high 24/7. Most of the time, both of us are too exhausted to get dressed and go out after a long day at work… and in my case, a long day at home with Landon. So… our solution? Date night at home.
I know I say this with every new pasta I create, but I really mean it this time… this is my new favorite! Meaty mushrooms, caramelized onions, fresh garlic, tangy goat and decadent pappardelle pasta is a match made in heaven. Seriously… this pasta should be served in heaven. I went ahead and topped off the pasta with a perfectly seared filet mignon for an extra punch of decadence. Oh my goodness this was the best idea I ever had and I can’t wait for my husband to get a taste of this. I am positive he is going to drool over this pasta. There’s nothing I love more than putting a smile on Clay’s face with my cooking. Honestly, it makes me so happy to make anyone grin when they eat my food.
To find the recipe for the cast iron filet, click below:
I simply cooked the filet according to this recipe above and sliced it thin. I then carefully laid it in a row on top of the pasta. Very easy and makes for a beautiful presentation.
SERVE THIS WITH:
+ a glass of red wine
CLICK TO BUY:
GOAT CHEESE, MUSHROOM & CARAMELIZED ONION PAPPARDELLE WITH FILET MIGNON
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
Serves: 2 large dinner portions
- Click here for: DATE NIGHT FILET MIGNON IN THE CAST IRON
- 8.8 oz. package pappardelle, cooked according to package instructions
- 8-10 baby bella mushrooms, stem removed and chopped small
- 1/2 large sweet onion, diced into thin strips
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, small dice
- 4 dashes Worcestershire
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 oz. goat cheese
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 large lemon, juice of
- 1/4 cup pasta water
+ Parmesan cheese and fresh basil for garnish
- Heat a large tall sided pan to medium high heat. Add in onions, olive oil and 1 tbsp butter. Cook while stirring occasionally until onions are golden in color and translucent. Should take about 10 minutes.
- Add in remaining 3 tbsp butter and mushrooms and cook for an additional 8-10 minutes until the mushrooms are tender and soft.
- Add in garlic and cook for an additional 60 seconds until the garlic is aromatic.
- Add in salt, Worcestershire and heavy cream. Bring to a soft boil then add in goat cheese, oregano, red pepper flakes and lemon juice. Whisk together until goat cheese is melted and sauce is thickened. Turn off heat.
- Add in cooked pappardelle to the sauce and gently stir to allow sauce to coat the noodles.
- If the pasta is sauce is too thick in texture, add in pasta water 1 tbsp at a time till sauce is thinned out. I added about 2 tbsp.
- Plate pasta immediately and top with filet mignon, parmesan, and basil.